Partypoker apologizes for last night’s downtime and adds almost $2,000,000 to next Sunday’s schedule. partypoker would like to offer their sincere apologies for the partypoker downtime last night 3/4/2018. This was caused by a malfunction in one of our servers that resulted in the system crashing at around 8pm GMT. PartyPoker has identified the issue, the problem has been rectified, refunds are being processed and tighter procedures have been implemented to ensure this doesn’t happen again.
It was a disaster for online poker as well as the players, the night of our biggest ever PKO tournaments and on the eve of the launch of our new Power Series. I understand that some players may not immediately return to partypoker given their experiences in the last 24 hours and I expect to see some sizeable overlays in the new Power Series MTTs that run from today. We will run the new Power Series as advertised and will not be reducing guarantees.
PartyPoker will be adding additional MTTs and increased guarantees to next Sunday’s Power Series schedule to ensure players do not miss out on the headline KO Series MTTs that were running yesterday when the system crashed. In total, we will be adding almost $2,000,000 to next Sunday’s guaranteed prizepools:
- PartyPoker will add a $1,000,000 Guaranteed, $5,200 buy-in PKO at 7pm GMT
- PartyPoker will boost the advertised the Power Series 7pm GMT $215 buy-in $200,000 guaranteed Super Sunday Bounty Hunter to a $1,000,000 prizepool. This will run alongside the 5pm GMT $215 buy-in $500,000 guaranteed Super Sunday Main Event
- PartyPoker will double the Power Series 7pm GMT Super Sunday Bounty Hunter $55 buy-in $100,000 guaranteed to $200,000 guaranteed
- PartyPoker will increase the guaranteed prizepool in the $11 buy-in 7pm GMT Bounty Hunter from $20,000 to $50,000
- PartyPoker will increase the 7pm GMT $2.20 buy-in Bounty Hunter prizepool from $5,000 to $20,000
- In Addition The 3 cancelled ladies KO events from yesterday will run next Sunday at 7pm GMT and will replace the new ladies Power Series MTTs for this week only.
PartyPoker teams are working hard now to clear all of the cancelled tournaments from last night and will return funds to customers as quickly as they can over the next 24 hours. We can only apologize for ruining what was a huge Sunday for you and us, but please bear with us as we do our best to rectify this situation as quickly and efficiently as possible.